Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not Fun...

Being pregnant and sick, that is.

Every year, when school starts back in September, I find myself catching cold after cold from my students. But not this year. Not one. I figured it was all those extra vitamins (thanks, baby). I've been so happy about that, and surprised. So it's been a blessing to make it until February before getting any kind of sickness, but why now? A week away from my due date? Anyway, what's really made this cold rough is that I lost my voice completely for a couple of days (it's still not fully returned), and that coincided with Eliana experiencing some temporary hearing loss from an ear infection. Poor girl. "What? What did you say?"...over and over again. And me, with no voice. I'm starting to see the funny side of that now as we're slowly feeling better, but it sure made for a frustrating and tiring week! This picture is of Eliana putting her ear up to her toy so she can hear what sound the letter makes. The toy's really not quiet!

2 comments:

Childress Family said...

Hope you guys are better soon! Being sick while pregnant is definitely 100 times worse!! Anna's fighting some kind of fever/cough virus today. Really hoping I'm not next! Woo hoo! Just a few more days to go for you!! Keep us updated!

Melissa said...

awww Jess that stinks. I know it's the worst. I managed to get two colds in the first trimester. Cough, throw up, Cough, throw up... lots of fun! :) I hope you feel better and get your voice back quickly! Can't wait to meet your little man... is Ali in charge of notifying us all?