Monday, February 2, 2009

38 Weeks and Bike-Riding

I had some doubts whether that was really a good idea, but I'm not one to worry, and the weather was great today, 60's, so I took the opportunity to get some much needed exercise. It felt so good to get outside and take Eliana for a bike ride to the park, and we both had fun. I've had a bit more aches, pains and swelling with this pregnancy than I did with Eliana, and I'm sure some of that can be attributed to my being three years older and my body having gone through all of this once before, but I bet even more of it is that I have been terribly lazy, in an exercise-sense, throughout this pregnancy. The more I can sit and put my feet up the better! I've regretted that. I was still going to the gym and jogging during the first 7 or 8 months of being pregnant with Ellie. My gym-attendance became non-existent after Eliana was born, and I've never made it back. I've stayed pretty active in other ways (not hard with an active toddler), but I haven't made any effort to exercise during this pregnancy. I'm a little worried about how that will effect my labor/delivery and recovery (meaning when I'll get back into my old clothes!). I guess I'll just wait and see...

No comments: