Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Photo Shoot

I've always taken Eliana to JC Penny's portrait studio to have her picture taken, and every time, I say it'll be the last...they're always running late, the photographer often made very little effort, they don't take many pictures, the proofs on the computer are blurry and small, and you have to wait a long time to get your pictures. I kept going back because it's so cheap. But after a few recommendations, I've finally branched out and took the family to Portrait Innovations. We were the first appointment of the day, so they were ready when we were, the photographer was great, and if we wanted to spend very little money, we could have gotten plenty of pictures (one pose) for $9.95. They don't have any sitting fees, which is another plus, especially when you're bringing the whole family. This was our first family photo shoot since Eliana was Luke's age, so of course I couldn't go with just one pose! I now have more pictures then I know what to do with! Besides tons of pictures, another advantage to buying more than just the special package is they throw in the CD of all the pictures free. The CD is low resolution, so you really can't print any bigger than 4x6 yourself, but you have to have that CD if you want them to make more prints in the future. I think our pics came out so great! The pics of Luke in the last post are from our shoot, and here's some more... If you have a Portrait Innovations near you, I'd definitely recommend them.




2 comments:

Melissa said...

those are GREAT! of course it helps to have such photogenic subjects! :) The last one of Eli is my favorite... so cute!! I think Suzanne used Portrait Innovations in Raleigh and she was really happy with them too. I'll have to keep that in mind. Although I think both of you went in for the $9.95 special and walked away with a lot more! I'm sure it's hard to resist!

Heath and Melissa said...

We got sucked in to paying more than $9.95 too...so hard when you've got cute kids :). I absolutely LOVE the pictures. SO adorable!