Saturday, May 2, 2009

Relections...

It's been such an amazing experience and blessing to watch Eliana grow, learn, mature. Even 3 and a half years later, I still sometimes just pause and stare at her, in awe of the fact that she came to be in me. So wanted, so loved...what a beautiful creation, precious and unique. I stand in awe of God's handiwork, and so thankful for his blessings. I feel like there's a piece of heaven in her face, and Luke's...when he stops eating for a moment to look up at me with those big bright eyes and give me a huge smile and coos. The other million things I could be getting done at that moment disappear and my heart melts. I'm surprised again at how in love I am with a little baby, who at this point simply eats, sleeps, and poops. I never realized how much a parent loves their child until I became one, and it gives me even deeper appreciation and understanding of God's love for His Son, and the anguish it caused Him to allow Jesus to suffer and die for us. It was certainly supernatural.

Lately I've been feeling like Eliana's really growing up. Besides getting taller and just looking less like a little girl and more like a kid, she's becoming more reasonable and responsible. She sits in time-out without complaint or tears because she knows she did something wrong. Tonight, she came down stairs to get her stuffed animals and put herself back to bed. When she obeys/follows direction the first time asked, I find myself surprised! She's only 3 1/2 and I know we have many more developmental milestones to witness, mixed with lots of frustrations, and I hope I'll continue to stand in awe and thankfulness of the miracle that is life.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are definitely blessed with two adorable children! It sounds like Eliana is at a really fun age...and Luke just keeps getting cuter and cuter!