Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Typical Virginia Beach Snow Day...

...NO SNOW! I don't understand why they do this...call a snow day before a single flake has fallen. I didn't have to work today anyway, so it didn't matter to me, except for the needless 5:45am phone call informing me schools were closed. I didn't have the energy at that time to get out of bed to peer out the window at the beautiful blanket of snow, and I figured I could see it in a few more hours when Eliana woke me up. Well, at 9am, when I finally did get out of bed (thanks, Ellie!), there of course wasn't a single flurry in the air or on the ground, and there hasn't been since. Not a one. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yeah, i would have loved to be a teacher today. i was totally counting on the roads being icy and getting to sleep in and have a day off... not so much! instead i had a crazy busy day and worked late.