Monday, September 15, 2008

Baby Flutters!!

Last night as I was lying down to go to sleep, I felt the first baby movements! "Quickening", as they call it. I don't really get that term. Anyway, it made me smile. Feeling those little (later, not so little!) reminders of life is my favorite part of being pregnant. It just amazes me that there's a life growing inside of me. Not to mention, I still find it so weird! I'm now about 18 weeks along.

I had a check-up last Friday and Eliana came along. She was very excited to hear the baby's heart beat. The doctor jokingly said, "It sounds like a boy!", and Eliana didn't like that comment very much! She disagreed. We'll find out if it's a boy or girl in less than two weeks! Maybe we'll let you know. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When are you going to post some prego pictures? come on! - you're a cute mama!
Feeling the baby was my favorite part too. Glad to hear things are going well - can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! Hope has been praying for another girl - what's with that? I guess I can't blame little girls for wanting sisters instead of brothers.
Tricia